Manuchar NV | 24.03.2023 | Antwerpen
Senior Trader South America
Every employee plays an active part in our success story. At Manuchar, we support every talent in finding his/her career path within an inspiring international working environment. For the position of trader, we're looking for an (experienced) commercial colleague to help us expand our business.
Do you want to be a crucial part of our journey towards that goal?
The main objective of the Senior Trader Chemicals is to grow a portfolio of profitable customers & transactions through the creation of strong relationships with trustworthy customers and suppliers within the emerging markets (South-America). As a Senior Trader you take responsibility to set and pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your assigned region and actively participate in setting the global strategy for your product portfolio. The Trader reports to the BU Manager Chemicals. Frequent travel to the assigned region and occasional global travel will be needed.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the international trading business.
- You preferably have at least 3 years of experience in a similar product and/or business environment and understand what being a 'Trader' means: buying and selling, problem-preventing/solving, customer and supplier loyalty.
- Having worked in an international setting, preferably in Spanish speaking countries, will be considered a strong asset.
- Has a network in the business and has a good understanding of the market: products, applications, suppliers, customers, competition. A commercial feeling with the region (Americas) is a serious plus.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (both written and spoken). Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Has the willingness to travel to emerging economies and build relationships and deals with various types of people & cultures.
- You understand the complexities of the supply chain and have the ability to unravel them.
- Commercial prospecting and negotiation skills and experience
- Enthusiastic and goal-oriented person who likes to take initiative with a large degree of autonomy.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2021 we handled 4.6 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.5 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 170 locations. Manuchar employs 2,200 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online tool CVWarehouse.
Manuchar NV, met hoofdzetel in Antwerpen, is een internationaal bekende partner in Trading, Logistiek, Distributie en Supply Chain Management, voornamelijk in (petro-)chemie en staal.
Onze end-to-end chemiedistributie bedient verschillende industrieën, waaronder huishoudelijke verzorging, persoonlijke verzorging, voeding & veevoeder, landbouw, mijnbouw, olie & gas, glas, textiel, papier, en waterbehandeling. Onze internationale handelsactiviteiten betreffen staal, kunststoffen, cement, hout, papier, reserveonderdelen en farmaceutische producten.
De ingrediënten van ons succes? We kennen de producten, de markten, de globale en lokale logistieke oplossingen en we beschikken over de nodige financieringscapaciteiten. Maar bovenal... hebben we meer dan 2.000 gemotiveerde en bekwame medewerkers die ervoor zorgen dat het werkt!
Bij Manuchar houden we uw productie draaiende. Altijd en overal.
Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Manuchar NV