Manuchar NV | 24.03.2023 | Antwerpen
Every employee plays an active part in our success story. At Manuchar, we support every talent in finding his/her career path within an inspiring international working environment. For the position of trader, we're looking for an (experienced) commercial colleague to help us expand our business.
Do you want to be a crucial part of our journey towards that goal?
The main objective of the Trader Polymers is to grow a portfolio of profitable customers & transactions through the creation of strong relationships with trustworthy customers and suppliers within the emerging markets (Africa). As a Trader you take responsibility to set and pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your assigned region and actively participate in setting the global strategy for your product portfolio. The Trader reports to the BU Manager Polymers. Frequent travel to the assigned region and occasional global travel will be needed.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Based at our head office in Antwerp you will receive an intense introduction in file administration towards Africa on operational, documentary and financial level.
- Once you are confident in file handling you will start to concentrate on your commercial targets. You handle inquiries from customers for steel products, draw up offers in close communication with suppliers and follow-up quotations till closing the deal. You supervise the file process from a sales perspective and you cooperate with your colleague file administrators in order to solve problems smoothly. A senior trader to whom you are reporting monitors your commercial support.
- You maintain a close communication with suppliers, monitor product price and share market information with your colleagues worldwide.
- Having gained product and market knowledge, you gradually evolve to the position of Senior Trader. You will become responsible for the further expansion of your markets. You set up new sales initiatives, develop new recurrent business and stay alert for market opportunities through daily contact with customers and colleagues abroad and local visits during business trips.
- Your education is a commercial, technical, or logistic oriented.
- You preferably have at least 3 years of experience in a similar product and/or business environment and understand what being a 'Trader' means: buying and selling, problem-preventing/solving, customer and supplier loyalty.
- You are willing to travel to emerging economies and build relationships and deals with various types of people & cultures. (6-8 times a year).
- You are a result driven, organized and accurate individual, flexible and with a talent for negotiations.
- You are eager to learn and have the necessary maturity to work in an international environment.
- You definitely have a commercial mindset with strong communicative abilities enabling you to establish long-term relationships with the customers.
- You like working in a dynamic and transparent team where communication is key.
- You speak French and English. Speaking Dutch or any other language is a plus.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2021 we handled 4.6 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.5 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 170 locations. Manuchar employs 2,200 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar "We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online tool CVWarehouse.
Manuchar NV, met hoofdzetel in Antwerpen, is een internationaal bekende partner in Trading, Logistiek, Distributie en Supply Chain Management, voornamelijk in (petro-)chemie en staal.
Onze end-to-end chemiedistributie bedient verschillende industrieën, waaronder huishoudelijke verzorging, persoonlijke verzorging, voeding & veevoeder, landbouw, mijnbouw, olie & gas, glas, textiel, papier, en waterbehandeling. Onze internationale handelsactiviteiten betreffen staal, kunststoffen, cement, hout, papier, reserveonderdelen en farmaceutische producten.
De ingrediënten van ons succes? We kennen de producten, de markten, de globale en lokale logistieke oplossingen en we beschikken over de nodige financieringscapaciteiten. Maar bovenal... hebben we meer dan 2.000 gemotiveerde en bekwame medewerkers die ervoor zorgen dat het werkt!
Bij Manuchar houden we uw productie draaiende. Altijd en overal.
Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Manuchar NV