Xtra Maritime & Logistics West | 11.09.2023 | Antwerpen
Senior Trade consultant (customs) – regio Antwerpen
Xtra Harbour Select specialises in the supply chain, customs, shipping and forwarding. As we only work within these business units, we’ve obtained the experience to assist our clients in search of the perfect employee, while prioritising a personal approach!
As a Senior Trade & Customs Consultant you are advising our national and international high-profile customers on all aspects of customs, foreign trade, customs controls and compliancy. You help our customers to understand, analyse and respond to complex business challenges and opportunities within customs clearance.
As a Senior Consultant you are providing advisory on strategic and operational levels, and actively supporting customer engagement and consulting business development activities.
Additionally, you aid in the management of junior & medior consultants, career development and training of team members.
You are familiar with performing comprehensive risk & opportunity assessments, assessing customs functions (processes, people, technology) and advising on supply chain optimization. As a person you have a flexible work attitude, you are open minded & honest. You work independently and structured, enjoy a challenge and have a natural power of persuasion.
Furthermore, you are good at translating laws and regulations into efficient and effective organizational processes and you are strong in risk management.
• You have a professional, flexible and service-oriented attitude, strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This is a requirement in order to be able to advise our clients properly;
• You have an extended knowledge of the current customs legislation and regulations;
• You have at least 5 years of experience as a Customs Consultant;
• You have at least 1 year of experience in Project Management;
• You have experience in analyzing supply chain flows and deriving optimization opportunities for customs;
• You have an extended knowledge of preferential, non-preferential origin and classification.
• You have experience with AEO processes and applying for customs permits such as a customs warehouse; Affinity with IT, familiar with various data streams;
• You speak and write in both Dutch and English.
You work in an ambitious team where your colleagues share the same passion for customs related issues. Our client is a leading player in the field of customs and of course offers a competitive salary.
Interested in this position? Contact via [email protected] or 0476/56.35.00.