MOL (Europe Africa) Ltd Brussels Office | 27.02.2020 | Vlaams-Brabant
Marine Superintendent - RoRo Vessels
MOL (Europe Africa), Ltd. Brussel Office is a shipping company, an activity in the carriage of vehicles by specialized vessels in the area of North Sea, Mediterranean Sea and West coast of Africa. We are seeking a Marine Superintendent in Brussels, to execute and monitor efficient cargo operations of car carriers calling in Rotterdam/Antwerp/Zeebrugge.
- Attending vessel operations in port to ensure operational efficiency and compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Plan, analyze and optimize cargo stowage and deck utilization on-board.
- Supervising H&H and breakbulk cargo operations incl. cargo acceptance.
- Continuous quality improvement and implementation of damage prevention measures.
- Coordinating with local parties to solve operational problems and troubleshooting.
- Manage daily communications from vessels, operator, agents, surveyors and stevedores to keep teams aligned and informed on vessel operations.
- Preparing training material and training of crew on cargo quality.
- Inspecting vessels and auditing stevedores’ performance.
- Conducting post-incident investigations and assessments, follow-up to ensure corrective measures are in place.
- Enhance quality and safety through close communication with the crew.
- Assisting with marine and technical matters.
- Working experience in the car carrier/Ro-Ro industry
- On-board experience is an asset
- Degree in maritime studies or similar vocational qualification
- Must be proficiency in English, with excellent communication skills suitable for an international environment
- Proficiency in Dutch is an advantage
- Quality mindset
- Proactive attitude to overcome and solve problems
- Demanding and rewarding tasks in an international, young and dynamic shipping company
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Employed on a local basis
Please send your CV with motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.