BASF Antwerpen NV is the second largest production site of BASF worldwide and the largest chemical company in Belgium. Our 3000 colleagues ensure the management of production, logistics, technical, lab and energy as well as a great number of services such as safety, environment, finances and communication. We are offering a wide range of career opportunities both in Belgium and internationally.
What you can expect
In your role as Functional Expert you are part of the global center of expertise for site logistics operations.
- You will identify, evaluate and prioritize development potential at BASF sites worldwide.
- Furthermore, you coordinate and/or you are actively involved in the development of site solutions/successful practices and you will implement them together with the responsible parties at the sites.
- In this way, you will secure continuous improvement on the sites.
- You will identify technical innovations in assets and out of the box solutions for processes and you will ensure the implementation.
What we expect
- You have successfully completed a degree in engineering and ideally have experience within a tank terminal environment or in an asset-based logistics environment and preferably you also have experience with pipelines and/or tanks.
- In your current and previous role(s), you have gained experience in project management.
- With your healthy dose of curiosity and your ability to make strategical judgements you can develop innovative concepts and put these into practice within a Tank Terminal Area.
- Your sparkling personality makes you a competent contact for colleagues worldwide.
- A certain amount of traveling is required.
- Good English language skills are required, good knowledge of SAP in logistics is a plus.
- If you are able to fullfill your tasks in an effective & result-oriented way, we are looking forward to your application.
We offer a multi-faceted challenge with responsibilities in a successful and dynamic high technology company that highly values lifelong learning and development. BASF offers a competitive compensation including attractive benefits.