As a member of the Caterpillar Logistics Team, the Transportation Performance Manager will be responsible for the performance management of our machine shipments to Caterpillar dealers, identifying and implementing network improvements and capacity planning processes.
Key Job functions include but not limited to:
- Performance Management of Transportation moves to Dealers
- Drive the Tradelane Managers into deep understanding of their performance and monitor improvement plan
- Create the necessary tools to enable intransit management of the machines
- Develop end to end network solutions leveraging multi-modal transportation networks and port optimization delivering velocity and total cost improvements
- Establish metrics to ensure the most effective methods are implemented to reduce dealer inventory lead times and eliminate waste in the transportation process
- Establish capacity planning processes to support the Tradelane team
- Use data to identify areas for process improvement and process control
- Document process improvements and savings
- Update customers on process improvements and value
- Master degree and preferably 3-5y experience in international transportation (Logistics, Supply Chain Operations and/or Freight Forwarding)
- Strong analytical mindset with proven experience in Performance Management and RCCA; KPI definition and Transportation
- Trend/Pattern Analysis
- Leadership potential with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to creatively address complex problems
- Proven experience in Dashboard Design & Development (Requirements session facilitation, dashboarding in Tableau, Power BI, Qlik
- Sense, etc.). Salesforce knowledge is a plus (Functional Understanding and Configuration capability)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Access.
- Team Player with a competitive focus to drive the team to best in class performance
- Effective English communication skills - both oral and written (Other languages are a nice to have)
Motivation letter required!