Kuehne + Nagel | 26.12.2019 | Antwerp
National Procurement Manager
National Procurement Manager | Geel | req57070
We are looking for the National Procurement Manager to join our Finance Department.
The National Procurement Manager takes care of the local procurement and purchasing team in Belux and the processes for purchasing in the shared service team. The National Procurement Manager defines and implements the procurement strategy in line with the company strategy and policies. He / She analyzes the quality, performance, costs and risks of suppliers.
- Supplier relationship management - lead all supplier management activities across the KN Belux sites and represent the procurement organization externally.
- Procurement startegy - Lead the development, implementation and alignment of procurement strategies to achieve cost-effective business objectives. Develop and implement policies, procedures and objectives necessary to obtain products and services at the lowest costs consistent with approved quality and delivery standards to minimize risk and generate savings.
- Commercial and contractual - working with the internal operational stakeholders to manage the service providers to ensure they deliver to the contractual terms. Negotiating any commercial changes.
- Project and Stakeholder management - Maintain a high level of accessibility as a general resource for teammates and cross-functional peers.
- Serve as a role model by displaying good judgment, a positive work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills. Professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and senior leaders of the business, including public and large group settings.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum qualification includes civil engineer / business administration or a procurement background with a minimum 5 - 10 years of relevant experience, including leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch, French and German.
- Able to manage large portfolio of projects with strict adherence to budgets and deadlines in a fast-paced environment, supporting colleagues within skill-set when required, willingness to go 'the extra mile'.
- Good negotiator with strong management skills - team player that acts as a mentor.
- Ability to perform risk analysis within the decision making progress.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload and to work on own initiative in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of legal/contractual issues.
- Develop and maintaining friendly, warm relationships, networks or contacts with people who can be useful now or later to achieve business-related objectives.
- Excellent team player who shows a real intention to cooperate constructively with others and who wants to be part of a team and actively involves others. Asks for the vision and ideas of others to come to joint decisions and plans and adjusts their own input to the needs of the group. Informs others, keeps them informed, shares all relevant information and sensitively discusses differences of opinion with colleagues.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
We offer a solid position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary package and where you can grow your expertise, shape/optimize processes and apply/create innovative solution concepts.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel
With over 82 000 employees at some 1 300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne- nagel.com.Discover other career opportunities at Kuehne + Nagel