Lineas NV | 22.09.2021 | Brussels
Senior Corporate Communication Manager - Kader C
Do you live and breathe communication? Do you know how to build a strategy and pull together creative campaigns?
Then maybe you are our new SENIOR CORPORATE COMMUNICATION MANAGER!
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we? We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
As Corporate Communication Manager, you build and manage the corporate communication roadmap, which aims to build Lineas’ reputation towards external audiences.
You successfully build an internal and external network to help you achieve this, working closely with the CEO, members of the ExCo and leadership, and especially colleagues from the public affairs and commercial teams. You build the key narratives, surface proof points and success stories, build communication capability, and help set up and drive an impactful communication strategy.
We are looking for a true expert who lives and breathes communication, knows how to build a strategy, creates compelling storylines, pulls together creative campaigns, takes ownership, loves to learn new things, is a true problem-solver, and has a real ‘drive’ for success and impact.
The ideal candidate has agency experience and a very strategic mind-set, is completely at home in developing to-the-point communication plans in a few slides, speaks Dutch and English/French, is very proactive, and has a proven track record of making things happen in a smart way.
What are your duties?
- Communication strategy: You build the external communication roadmap in collaboration with key internal stakeholders, ExCo and senior leadership, and your colleagues in the communication team. You bring the right stakeholders around the table and create consensus while convincingly displaying your expertise.
- Stakeholder management: You map key target groups outside the company and build the communication layer to the company strategy. You consistently map communication actions against the impact in the market and make communication a key asset in convincing stakeholders to work with us.
- Media relations: You bring and further build a media network with specialized and general press in key countries and Europe.
- End-to-end integrated communication campaigns: You lead integrated communication campaigns, working well with other team members, colleagues and agencies, driving the project to success. You approach these campaigns with clear methodology, well aligned with the full communication roadmap.
- Storytelling & creative formats: You write compelling stories which are tailored to the person bringing them (e.g. our CEO) and to the target audience(s), translate them into the right format (e.g. keynote presentation, speech, social media post, video script, …), and work with the team and/or agency to get them developed.
- You build communication capability with key internal stakeholders so they become better communicators (e.g. media training, presentation skills, social media skills …) driving the company to be self-communicating vs everything passing through the Communication team. You are a true ambassador for communication in the company, developing a framework that helps colleagues communicate.
- Internal & external liaison: You set up routines and governance to connect the communication team with internal stakeholders and senior leaders, clearly taking up the role of entry point for communication requests. You work closely with our agencies and freelancers both centrally as well as in key countries where we are developing.
What is your profile?
- You are a communication professional with minimum 10 years of relevant experience in similar strategic roles and levels of responsibility (agency experience is a plus).
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit & you are a self-starter: capable of dealing with a lot of ambiguity and energized by a fast-changing environment in an international context.
- You are a team player with solid leadership qualities, strong interpersonal skills, result-driven mentality, eye for quality, and strong project management skills.
- You have very good knowledge of Powerpoint & other Office programs.
- You have very good knowledge of the media and social media landscape.
- You are fluent in Dutch and very good in speaking and writing in English and French. Knowledge of German is a plus.
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, ethnicity, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
The company has 1,900 passionate employees that provide reliable management in transport of goods by optimizing operations and streamlining its organization.
Lineas is continuously looking for employees for its services.
Check the job offers and apply online. Create a profile.Discover other career opportunities at Lineas NV