Customer Service Associate in our Warehouse & Distribution location in Willebroek is responsible for handling our (global) accounts from end-to-end. Understanding their supply chain, to be able to handle the part through our warehouse/cross-dock facility; also understanding the steps before and after the cross docking at Willebroek. CSA is responsible for planning inbound, outbound, reporting on KPI’s & storage levels, invoicing, handling ocean/air/trucking related bookings on behalf of the customer.
• A complex and challenging role involving different elements of customer service and administration
• A multicultural team with a can-do mentality
• An open environment where team work plays a vital role
• Local and global development opportunities within the number one shipping company world wide
• Attractive salary to reflect candidate's skills and experience
1. Day-to-day operations related to your customers. The complete process flow will be followed up, coordinated & managed by you from A to Z.i.e. import/export supply chain tasks: carrier releases, custom formalities, transport/warehouse planning, follow-up/update system data, carrier bookings, document requesting, escalate and solve client-related issues…
2. Solving daily operational in/outbound-issues; continuously interacting with the various stakeholders: Inbound department, trucking companies, shipping companies, warehouse, origin teams, key account management, and the customers.
3. Keep customers informed of information pertaining to their cargo and general developments. Serve as single point of contact for your client.
4. At all times responsible for continously identifying, documenting and materializing process improvements for your assigned customers.
5. Handle non-conformance issues through improved processes and procedures.
6. Ensure origin and destination data quality is kept at required levels, as well as keeping track of vendor performance.
7. Think on behalf of the customer
8. Be aware and understand the profit and loss rate and budget applicable for your clients.
9. Support KAM in delivering their customer development ambitions.
10. Manage information flow towards customs department.
11. Manage accurate and in time invoicing towards the customers
12. Manage documentation flow towards customers.
13. Ensure effective follow-up and archiving of discrepancies.
14. Report to Customer Service Manager.
We are looking for
• 1. Behavioral :
o Good communication skills
o Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work with others and through people and the organization.
o Sense of urgency, initiative and independent competitive drive to get things done.
o Pro-active, professional and hands-on mentality
o Result oriented
o Absolute team player
o Ability to cope in a constant changing environment
o Ability to manage stress
o A positive ‘can do’ attitude
• 2. Technical:
o Maersk operational structure and functionality
o WMS, TMS and ERP systems experience is a definite plus.
o Focus on continuous improvement with a drive to continuously challenge and improve processes.
o Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Office software, especially MS Excel and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
o Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, communication skills
• 3. Experience:
o Experience in a logistics and customer service environment, experience in warehouse is a definite plus
o Higher education is a definite advantage but can be met by experience
o Understanding and passion for driving Operational Excellence in the business
o Being a team member supporting the colleagues and customers proactively
o Fluent in Dutch and English, French or German is a definite plus.