MSC Belgium | 04.06.2021 | Antwerp
This traineeship is designed to prepare young individuals to become strong and successful contributors to our company. The 18-month rotation program gives the selected candidates an opportunity to build a career in the commercial areas of MSC. You will receive both a formal and an on-the-job training which will enable you to learn our business rapidly.
As a trainee at MSC you will have the following responsibilities:
- Obtain knowledge of the shipping industry and get familiar with the quality standards and values of MSC.
- Learn to identify customer needs and expectations and respond to them in a timely, professional and effective manner
- Provide your critical insights on the existing procedures and come up with possible improvements
- Seek feedback and input actively from more experienced colleagues
- Develop alliances with a broad range of people by demonstrating respect for others. Learn to adjust your communication style to meet the needs of individuals at various organizational levels both internal as external
- Assist in general projects if required
Your training path will include the following departments: Export (Documentation & Customer Service), Import (Customer Service & Commercial), Operations, Business Control, Commercial Management (incl. Business Analysis), Global Accounts and Logistics.
During your rotation you will receive regular feedback on your performance and progress. Upon demonstration of business acumen and professionalism, you will be equipped to advance into an even more challenging assignment within MSC.
- You (will soon) hold minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Logistic Management or any other relevant field
- You possess a strong affinity with or interest in the maritime industry
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both written and verbally. Any other language is considered a plus.
- No prior work experience is required
- You maintain a steep learning curve and you are able to quickly master new systems and technologies
- You are able to “think outside the box” and you dare to challenge
- You are a strong and persuasive communicator
- You demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills
- You are able to build solid interpersonal relationships, both internal and external
- You adjust quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands. You see change as a necessary and inevitable aspect of organizational life as well as an opportunity to learn
- You are trustworthy and you accept responsibility for your actions
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team
- You keep an open mind at all times
- You are eager to contribute to a positive and uplifting work environment
We offer a great work environment which embraces personal growth and professionalism. We expect all employees to take ownership for their own tasks and to work in collaboration with others. We are always looking to grow our team with people who are passionate about what they do.
MSC is a privately owned global organization operating a network of over 524 offices in 155 countries, employing a team of over 100.000 dedicated individuals. Our shipping expertise has been built over the past generations by carrying people and goods all over the world.
In a global economy, our mission is to offer reliable and sustainable transport solutions by sea, road and rail to customers in all industries. We achieve this, as a family-owned business, by building long-term relationships founded on knowledge, professionalism, and care. We are passionate about what we do, we challenge ourselves to achieve excellence and we are tenacious in overcoming obstacles.
What makes our history unique is the family culture and values that have remained throughout the growth of the company. We are a company driven by people, not by systems and we believe it is this ethos that has led us to be so successful.
Our mission is to provide our people with personal fulfillment and enrichment. We are committed to sharing our knowledge, delivering training and support enabling our people’s professional growth.
We ensure fair opportunities providing long-term career development, embracing diversity, and valuing all cultures. Together, we are MSC. Check all the job offers and apply now!