The National Accounts Executive is responsible for driving business growth through account management and leadership. He/She penetrates and cultivates new business with existing and new customers while maintaining a profitable operating ratio. The National Accounts Executive drives business growth through solution development, customer facing communications, contract development and negotiation. The National Accounts Executive reports to the BeNeLux Freight Forwarding Business Development Manager.
Executes Freight Business Plan
- Identifies new customers through prospects and Sales Leads to offer freight services. Estimated time; 50% of the sales calls.
- Identifies opportunities to partner with customers through understanding the competitive landscape, market trends, and individual business problems and needs.
- Diagnoses all aspects of customers' organizations (e.g., goods, funds, services) to identify opportunities and build solutions.
- Collaborates with cross-functional groups to understand customer requirements, promote service offerings, capabilities, and provide sales support.
- Prepares and delivers customer facing presentations to position UPS solutions and value propositions to customers.
- Develops and implements sales strategies to penetrate existing accounts and drive additional streams of revenue and profit across enterprise portfolio.
- Executes the business plan through the identification and development of sales opportunities to ensure business plan goals are achieved.
Builds Customer Relationships
- Identifies key decision makers within customer organizations to expand business opportunities across the enterprise portfolio.
- Builds successful partnerships (e.g., multiple contacts across bus. units) w/ key stakeholders (e.g., operations, pricing, senior management, etc.) to cultivate relationships & generate revenue opportunities across all product and service lines.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer needs through customized presentations that define the value proposition of UPS freight solutions and service offerings.
- Manages and maintains relationships to promote UPS’s capabilities and provide strategic solutions.
Builds Internal Relationships
- Addresses customers' concerns by partnering with cross-functional groups within UPS (e.g., Operations, Pricing, Sales and Product Managers, etc.) to quickly resolve issues.
- Partners with cross-functional groups to create customized strategic solutions for customers and to maximize revenue and profit through new opportunities.
- Serves as an internal advocate for customers' expectations and solution demands to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Cultivates cross-functional relationships and involves other Sales resources (e.g., Freight, Customer Solutions, etc.) to provide expertise as needed in helping customers create an efficient supply chain.
- Minimal level 3 years of experience in Airfreight and/or Ocean Freight
- Excellent selling and relation building skills
- Excellent communicative skills and ability to self-reflect
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to changing working conditions
- Ability to create internal and external commitment in order to obtain a good starting point for future relationships
- Good knowledge of the transportation market/supply chain and its recent developments
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Bachelor's Degree – Preferred or equal though experience in a Sales function in Air- or Ocean Freight.
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
- A competitive salary
- Sales Incentive Plan including 3 months guaranteed bonus payment
- Company car and fuel card
- 6 extra days of vacation
- Group insurance (pension plan, disability insurance, death insurance and hospitalization insurance)
- Product training (1 week Germany)
- Sales trainings
- Software (specific for Sales people) training
- Laptop and Smartphone.