We are offering a Customs Officer function within our Customs Team within our Contract Logistics site located in Geel, Belgium. As Customs Officer you service our logistics customers (Electronic Devices, FMCG, Pharma, Tabaco … ) by ensuring all customs requirements for their orders are met correct and in time. This includes correct handling of all customs documents and formalities for import, transit, and export.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Delivering correct and on time customs documentation and formalities for import, transit, and export.
- Optimize the operational and administrative processes for more efficiency within your department.
- Building and maintaining a strong relationship with your customer.
- Improve and secure data quality in all operational and reporting systems and files.
- Developing yourself and colleagues to be up to date on all relevant customs legislation.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in international forwarding and logistics or equal level by experience.
- 2 years of experience as a customs officer in an internal or external customs team.
- Very good knowledge of the customs declarations process and Incoterms.
- Experience with customs software such as PLDA and NCTS is a must. Experience with EMCS is an asset.
- MS Office: advance knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Language skills: Dutch, English - profound knowledge, French - basic knowledge is an asset.
- You have good organizing skills and you can work accurately, you are willing to work flexible hours.
Good reasons to join
We offer a challenging position within a strong international environment with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
Please apply directly online or send your application via email to email@example.com
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Reference Number: req40236