Exmar | 06.05.2021 | Antwerpen
Come and hit the gas at the EXMAR Group in the position of
The EXMAR Group is currently looking for a Chartering Manager to reinforce the EXMAR Chartering team in Antwerp.
Who we are and what we do
The EXMAR Group is an international player in the oil and gas industry. Our core activity includes the transport and transformation of oil and gas (and derivate products) over sea. More than 1400 seafaring crew and 250 shore-based staff daily join forces to provide our clients the best service and offer them innovative solutions.
Together we make sure the world is supplied with gas which energizes both them and ourselves!
Your role in the team
To commercially manage the existing fleet, evaluate the business unit’s overall short- and medium-term market prospects, develop the adequate tactics (including promotion and defence of interest towards the market and internally influencing ambitions) in order to support its longer-term gas shipping strategy, valorise potential opportunities and limit potential damages.
Your responsibilities and tasks include:
- Commercial management: securing vessel employment by means of Charter Party negotiations, maintaining an overview of market conditions, handling second-hand sales and vessel recycling, searching for business opportunities and developing potential expansion of the fleet, assisting in new building projects (yard selection, commercial discussions…);
- Relationship management: developing a privileged relationship with key customers and a favourable relationship with key shipbrokers;
- Dispute management: process any claim type;
- Management input: providing a steady stream of documented opinions on a wide range of commercial, market-related, risk-related topics, whether solicited or unsolicited, to the Executive BU Director Shipping/EXCO/Board Of Directors, report to management on Shipping market, fleet status and utilisation;
- Corporate Support: budgeting and defending same during audits, initiating various ancillary business development prospects, preparing and/or give public presentations; assisting in receiving fleet valuations, assisting in insurance documentation.
- Master degree in Economics or Nautical Sciences;
- 5 years of experience in a commercial position (preferably in the maritime industry);
- You’re able to cope with falling markets, aggressive competition and challenging customers;
- You’re able to redress situations/professional links by identifying root causes, evaluating them and implementing well-reflected corrective actions to limit damage;
- You’re able to counter internal resistance that might jeopardize the BU’s short term commercial and/or long term strategic interests;
- Good knowledge of world economics, shipping operations, marketing and strategy;
- Extensive knowledge of shipping economics and contractual negotiations;
- Fluent in written and spoken English, good knowledge of written and spoken Dutch, French and Norwegian is an advantage.
At EXMAR you operate a very international, dynamic and, innovative environment. With us each working day looks different. We offer a competitive salary, supplemented with a nice package of fringe benefits. Since we consider personal development and career planning important, additional in-house and external training is supported.
If interested, let us know by sending an email through the application button. We will get back to you to plan a first interview. Please apply before April 30th. Good luck!
Exmar is opgericht in 1981. Het bedrijf is gespecialiseerd in activiteiten met betrekking tot het transport van gas.
Ze beiden niet enkel schepen voor hun producten, het bedrijf verzekert ook de commerciële activiteiten en administratie. Dat maakt Exmar is een waardevolle aanwinst voor de sector van transport Logistiek en Supply Chain.
Exmar is voortdurend op zoek naar gekwalificeerde medewerkers voor haar diensten Design & Engineering , Exmar Shipmanagement, Insurance Brokerage & Travel Agency
Bekijk alle vacatures van Exmar en solliciteer online. Maak een profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Exmar