Kuehne+Nagel Luxembourg | 18.09.2023 | Limburg
We are looking for an Operations Manager for our warehouse located in Tessenderlo. Are you the passionate professional we are looking for
We are looking for a dynamic Operations Manager to join our Contract Logistics Business Unit. You will be joining our team of experts and take ownership for delivering excellent performance in all the warehouse activities assigned to you. You will be responsible for the execution and delivery of our day-to-day activites for one or multiple customers. The day-to-day warehouse activities consist of a reception, inbound, outbound, packaging, storage, value-added services, and more. Strengthening customer value includes building the plan and actively taking part in the delivery of it. This entails leading implementations for your departments or across the full site, examples are new/change business requests, improvement for organization/people, and in general, be an ambassador for desired cultural behavior.
- Overall supervision, coordination, and final responsibility for the day-to-day operations assigned to you. You will take this responsibility in strong collaboration with your team leaders and other staff in a way that your team achieves the internal and external KPIs. This includes full responsibility in the planning of orders and the staff which needs to be scheduled and responsibility in an escalation of problem-solving and solution coordination on all issues which appear. In doing so you take full responsibility for maintaining and improving the relationship with your customers.
- Manage diverse projects within the warehouse environment. You will take the lead in defining, planning, preparing, implementing, and follow-up of projects such as the operational implementation of new customers, integration of new activities for current customers, integration of new ways of working, and so forth.
- Maintaining and strengthen the existing continuous improvement culture by actively stimulating and supporting our Kuehne+Nagel Production System division. You will be the ambassador for Kuehne+Nagel Production System in your team and you will lead several Kuehne+Nagel Production System – projects yourself to increase performance and quality and decrease costs.
- Building and maintaining your team and stimulating the development of the individual employees in your team. You take on the final responsibility for the people management in your area included: staff communication, organize team meetings, team building activities, support in recruitment & selection of staff, staff guidance and evaluation in general, training, coaching, and more.
- Brickwall the execution and follow-up of our quality, health, safety, and security policy (QSHE) including safety meetings, safety walks, security audits, follow-up of data quality in different databases, and more.
- Develop and implement the tactical and operational plan for your warehouse area to support the realization of the strategical plan of the whole organization. Contribute to the development of that strategical plan during the planning phase.
Your Skills and Experiences
- You have a bachelor’s degree in economical, logistics or equal level by experience complemented with at least 5 years of successful management in a role similar to the vacant role.
- You have a solid knowledge both of warehouse and logistic processes and the concepts of lean management and continuous improvement.
- You discovered a strong leadership within yourself to take responsibility for results and to lead a team. It goes without saying that this leadership emergence in well-oiled communication skills which you use in dialogue with colleagues, customers, union representatives.
- You have solid (personal) time management skills. You like a healthy amount of stress in your job coming from (customer) deadlines and unforeseen circumstances.
- You have a self-motivating and result-motivated personality.
- Language skills: English, Dutch- fluent speaking and writing, French is an asset.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a challenging position within a fast-developing Contract Logistics environment with a competitive salary, including a bonus and company car, and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group.
Met meer dan 78.000 medewerkers op 1.400 locaties in meer dan 100 landen is de Kuehne+Nagel Groep één van 's werelds toonaangevende logistieke dienstverleners.
Bekijk de vacatures van Kuehne+Nagel hieronder en solliciteer online.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Kuehne+Nagel