Lineas NV | 06.08.2021 | Antwerpen
Could you be our new Manager Operations?
At Lineas you can:
- Work in an open and flexible environment where you can be yourself
- Do things and put your ideas forward
- Contribute to a better environment
Who are we?
We are Lineas, the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. We convince companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. We make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
We, the FREIGHT FORCE, dedicate ourselves day after day to the freight transport of our customers. And to really make a difference!
Who are we looking for?
You ensure the development of our workforce (traindrivers and groundpersonnel), that is fit to do the job so that trains and wagons depart & ride in a safe & compliant way. You develop the capabilities of the production area in order to become more customer oriented, efficient and operationally excellent.
You are responsible for the process compliance with prescribed safety and quality standards and rules related to the inspection of trains, shunting of wagons, riding trains in general. You also define the business requirements to ensure efficient operations.
You are the owner of operational KPI’s (e.g. labour accidents, behaviour errors and SPAD’s) and compliance KPI’s related to training & coaching of our personnel.
You are responsible for the implementation of improvement projects within the designated production area.
You manage a team of teamleaders (for operators & drivers).
What are your duties?
- As central point of contact for the Production Area regarding the supply capacity of driver and/or ground Operators (trainings, series, transfer etc….) you represent the production area during transversal capacity meetings.
- In collaboration with Manpower Supply Manager & Local Engineer (need for capacity), you set up capacity forecasts and related up- & downscaling plans.
- You ensure a feedback loop (advises, comes with improvements proposals) to Manpower Planning, Supply Chain (Long Term/Short Term planning), Engineering and Lineas Academy on the quality of planned services, the efficiency of planned services, on possible general improvements, new traffics or re-engineering projects, the certification processes,…
- You ensures a feedback loop to Manpower Planning & Facilities and Assets to improve tools that are put at the disposition of our personnel (car, taxi, hotel, locomotives, working equipment,…)
- You coordinate & support the process of series discussions (resource planning schedules) together with his teamleaders
- You ensure the input for the making of business requirements for tools & processes to support local operations
- You represent the production areas in transversal functional meetings (safety, regulation, processes,…) and take care of a bottom-up input in these meetings, evaluate the changes in regulation or processes in function of the capabilities of the local Production Area
- You coach a team of teamleader (operators & drivers) & take care of gradual integration the functions
- You ensure daily anomaly management ;
- You ensure that the teamleaders set up continuous improvement plans in the field of safety. You report with respect to safety actions & KPI’s to the Production Area Manager
- You play a key role together with the Production Area Manager in communication by setting up frequent infosessions, virtual conferences as part of a formal communication cascade towards drivers & operators
- You make sure that ideas of operators, drivers and teamleaders are being evaluated & put into practice. You create a culture & environment for continuous improvement and manages the integrated improvement plans with regards to safety, productivity and quality of work;
- You ensure a smooth implementation of changes in the field of safety, quality of work & productivity using a standardized methodology (ADKAR)
- You make sure that all objectives linked to KPIs as to re-certification, permanent training, development of people are reached;
- You define the content of the yearly permanent trainings together with Lineas Academy. You ensure that the workload in number of trainings of each teamleader is equally divided in his team.
- You take the lead in building up the local knowledge and align with Lineas Academy so that both tracks (permanent, basic development & local development) are being reinforced;
- You assist in the certification of teamleaders as trainers being deployed by Lineas Academy.
What is your profile?
- Bachelor or 5 years of experience in railway.
- Safety attitude
- Fluent in Dutch, with a good knowledge of French and English
- Pro-active problem-solver
- Passionate about bringing people to the next level and about creating the right working conditions for our people.
- Experience with change management
- Decision-maker, but always with a clear cost- and customer-impact in mind
- Result driven with a continuous improvement mindset
- Is able to act efficiently and correct in a continuously changing environment
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Skype)
- Knowledge of CIS/IRON is a plus
Lineas stands for diversity. We believe that skills and talent are unrelated to gender, race, age, social background, sexual orientation, philosophical or religious beliefs, ...
What do we have to offer you?
With us you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company.
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality.
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits.
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started.
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents.
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best.
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast here and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Goederenvervoer per trein wordt elke dag belangrijker. Dat is logisch: het is veel beter voor milieu en mobiliteit dan wegtransport. Bovendien is het spoor veiliger en vaak efficiënter.
Lineas is een van de grootste Europese privé-spelers op gebied van goederenvervoer per spoor. We zien het als onze verantwoordelijkheid om bedrijven te overtuigen mee te gaan in de modal shift: weg van de weg, meer goederen op het spoor. Die ambitieuze missie maken we waar met de beste producten, innovatieve diensten, een grote vloot en heel veel passie en inzet voor onze klanten.
We willen groeien en echt het verschil maken op internationaal vlak. Het bedrijf heeft tot nu toe 1.900 medewerkers die betrouwbaar beheer in het vervoer van goederen voorzien. Lineas is continu op zoek naar gekwalificeerde kandidaten.
Bekijk de vacatures van Lineas en solliciteer online. Maak uw profiel aan.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij Lineas NV