NV Hudson Belgium | 26.03.2021 | Vlaams-Brabant
International Category Manager
Sonoco is a $5 billion global provider of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective solutions and display and packaging services. With headquarters in US and in Europe, and more than 330 operations in 34 countries, they produce packaging for a variety of industries and many of the world’s most recognized brands, serving customers in 85 nations.
Sonoco takes a holistic approach to providing customized solutions that meet their customers’ needs but also set out to develop packaging to improve the lives of others, including their employees and communities.
From protecting life-saving vaccines so they can reach the far corners of the world, to improving the safety and fuel economy of vehicles, to reducing food waste and increasing access to fresh, wholesome foods. To support the growth of their organization, we are looking for a (m/f/x):
International Category Manager
Strategic Logistics Buyer with an eye for process improvement and optimalisation
- In your position as Category Manager you ensure that the business units – different production plants located around Europe – have optimal logistics services so that they can guarantee their clients a qualitative delivery of their products.
- You are responsible for carrying out a cost-efficient international purchasing policy for the category Logistics, taken into account the local needs – production sites spread around EU - as well as the global strategy of the organization. In order to succeed in your role:
- You identify, develop and execute different strategies to support the business in the best way possible and aligned with their needs.
- You build strong partnerships throughout the business and internal organization and you work closely with the business leaders in order to identify new logistics opportunities - that will lead to improved logistics performance levels and other benefits for the different entities in Europe.
- You maintain your relationships with the most important logistic suppliers in order to obtain the best price-quality ratio and to develop long-term relations You negotiate the best terms and conditions with focus on an optimal service
- You evaluate the effectiveness of the current processes by analyzing data using metrics. You strive for continuous improvement and operational excellence (ci/opex) in order to succeed in the objectives of the organization..
- You follow up and evaluate trends and market evolutions within the field of (road/truckload) logistics in order to introduce innovations and improvements in the procurement process and the market approach.
- You report directly to the Global Logistics Director.
- You are an expert in the area of Logistics, which enables you to provide category knowledge and insights to your internal clients on market fundamentals, industry trends, supply/supplier base, benchmarking and best practices.
- You are an effective communicator with great networking skills. You know perfectly how to work effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization. By carefully managing your stakeholders you succeed in generating buy-in for implementing change and new processes.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar (international) role in which stakeholder and relationship management is key. You have knowledge and experience in using and/or implementing a Transport Management System (TMS).
- You are able and willing to travel 25-40% of the time around Europe, depending on the needs of the organization.
- You are fluent in English.
You get the opportunity to work for a multinational with a strong international reputation that offers career growth possibilities. The organization’s culture is characterized by teamwork and collaboration in which you play a key role in order to realize the objectives of the organization.
Contact Karlijn Hagens at +32 499 54 12 93.
This recruitment is exclusively conducted by Hudson.
NV Hudson Belgium
Hudson is een full-service HR-adviesbureau dat bijna 40 jaar ervaring op de teller heeft en is uitgegroeid tot thought leader in HR. Hudson combineert de kennis, ervaring en beschikbaarheid van meer dan 250 HR-experten met de kracht van een eigen R&D-team, dat innovatieve en wetenschappelijk onderbouwde HR-tools ontwikkelt. Deze unieke combinatie maakt ons tot een gewaardeerde partner op het gebied van HR-advies, talent management en gespecialiseerde rekrutering voor de private en publieke sector van KMO tot multinational.Bekijk andere carrièremogelijkheden bij NV Hudson Belgium